Taŋyáŋ yahípi! Welcome to you all!
The 10th LSI will be June 6-24th, 2016.
The Lakota Summer Institute is three weeks of digging into how the Lakota/Dakota language works – and how switching over to “Lakota thinking” can transform you.
This joint venture of the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe, Sitting Bull College and the Lakota Language Consortium doesn’t just support professional teachers. It is a unique community event that gets to the heart of our culture – the language.
Discover the other person you are when you speak Lakota!
- The Lakota Summer Institute is the premier Lakota and Dakota language teacher professional development event in the country. Since 2007, over 250 teachers from more than eight reservations and ten states have participated.
- Reviews and feedbacks from the LSI training are always exceptional. It is a professional training experience that has consistently exceeded all expectations and surpasses all previous training events in terms of depth of content. Teachers leave LSI feeling empowered with new knowledge, techniques and tools.
- Well-trained LSI teachers have a direct impact on the amount of Lakota and Dakota language successfully taught in the classroom and on improved test scores.
- LSI also offers an intensive 3-week course for beginners, with schedules that can be customized for each participant and learning level. All classes are free, except those that are taken for credit.
- Participants can find accommodation at the Sitting Bull College dorms or at the Prairie Knights Casino Hotel.
SRST Education Coordinator
Agency Ave. PO Box D
Fort Yates, ND 58538
Phone : (701) 854-8583
Fax: (701) 854-2175
LSI Sponsored by: